Friday, July 22, 2011

New York * Paris * Milan &....... Denu ?




When I was preparing to come to Ghana the director of STAESA told me that while I was in Ghana I should ask my host sister about getting an African dress made. She introduced me to Dilah, a friend of hers that is a seamstress. We went to the market to pick out fabric and then decided on a style and she made a beautiful dress for the US equivalent of $5.00. It was a little weird having someone else besides my mother make me clothes but she is a great job, you can see it in the picture. The dress style that we chose is more of a modern style that those in their 20s typically wear.

On Wednesday morning, Dilah paid me another visit because my host mother had commissioned her to make me two more outfits. The orange, blue and green top and skirt are more of the traditional style and then the gray and purple one is based on the style I picked but a little different so I would have another option. Needless to say we had quite the fashion show in the living room that morning and I am so thankful to Dilah and my host mother for these dresses. Plus I will be plenty ready for Tanzania!

No comments:

Post a Comment