Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Rest Of My Time In Africa

I made it home safe and sound and before Hurricane Irene decided to show her face. Seriously people, an earthquake and a hurricane in 2 weeks? I think I might go back to Africa, it appears to be safer :) It's great to be home but I do miss all of my wonderful friends and the children in Africa. I have so many photos it's going to take me years to get through them all but I figure many of you will want to see my travel photos so I am going to break this up into a couple different posts for you, enjoy!

On Saturday August 13th I met Nikki at the airport with my friend Ally (he's the taxi driver that looked after me when I arrived in Tanzania.) He took us to Moshi (the town near Mount Kilimanjaro) where we stayed overnight and then spent the next day on Kilimanjaro (ok just the base of it, but still we climbed some of the mountain!) We hiked to see a waterfall; we took a cultural tour of the Chugger Tribe and walked through a banana & coffee plantation. All pretty cool stuff, we were with two girls from Amsterdam were with us and our guide Praise was great. It was a great day on the mountain even if we didn't make it to the summit.

1 comment:

  1. Is Kilimanjaro only 6,400 feet?! That can't be. Now I have to look it up, because the 46 peaks in the Adirondacks are 4,000 and up.

    ReplyDelete